Posted On: 8/1/2014
Technology Happenings 2012-2013
NGHS Technology Committee 2012-2013
2012-2013 - Equipment Purchases / Pooled BEP Funds / General Funds
- Chris Gardenhour - Assistant Principal
- Cynthia Villanueva - NG District School Level Technician
- James Rosenbalm - TST / History
- Sheila Belcher - Librarian
- Laura Davidson - English
- Gini Dochety - Computer
- 3 - Infocus Projectors
- IPAD Docking/Charging Station - quantity of 10 IPAD tablets can be synced and charged at same time
- 2 - 50ft. AV to SVideo Cables
- 2 - Wireless AP's
- 2 - 1GB Switches 5/8 Port
- NGHS has updated its library lab with 20 new Lenovo desktop computers.
- NGHS entered into a competition for Gaming Design Software and Won!
Technology Happenings 2009-2010
- The math classroom has added an additional Interwrite pad.
- Two new wireless printers were purchased.
- An additional wireless router has been installed at NGHS, bringing the total to 7. This number does not include two point-to-point connections that were installed in the football field press box and the new field house to the main server.
- The computers in the keyboarding lab have been upgraded to 1 gb memory.
- An additional document camera has been purchased by the Resource department.
- All classrooms have been equipped with ceiling mounted LCD projectors.
- All CRT monitors have been replaced with flat panel monitors
- The distance learning classroom is being used at NGHS to provide students with access to French and to provde a dual enrollment class through Walter State Community College.
- North Greene has installed a new phone service thoughout the school.
- The 2012 version of Autodesk Autocad software is being used in the pre-engineering class.
- Orchard software has been installed on a server to help students with credit recovery.
- ETSU has donated computers, document cameras, and projectors to NGHS.
- New Promethean presentation systems have been added to two Math classroom, bringing the total number to three.
- The English department purchased an new document camera.
- Two new computers have been placed in the Biology and Physical Science classroom.
- Computers used by the yearbook staff have been upgraded to 3 Gb of memory.
- Two additional 36" TV's have been added to the library.
- A networked color laser printer has been added to the computer lab that is available to all faculty.
- The library is currently adding over 500 new books to the current collection, along with the use of new inventory software to be in use January 2012.
- Upgraded computers have been placed in the library and writing lab.
- All of the CRT monitors have been replaced with flat panel monitors.
- A 27 unit netbook cart is in use with 2 wireless Access Points added.